Matthew Nicoll, Cypher Consulting
Summary of Computer Graphics Experience
- over a period of 2 years, made extensive use of the NCAR graphics
package at the Institute of Ocean Sciences, for producing 3-D surface
plots and contour plots for representing shelf wave model states and
- wrote a hydrographic plot program for a KONGSBERG photographic flat
- have written numerous X,Y data plot programs using the basic CALCOMP
- researched the state of graphics standards (in 1986), selected GKS,
and subsequently supervised a project which made use of GKS.
- have written interactive graphics programs using the CA-DISSPLA
package, and have supervised programmers on projects involving DISSPLA.
- have worked with the following graphics terminals:
TEKTRONIX 4014, Visual 550, Selanar, TEKTRONIX 4100 and 4200 series,
- designed and implemented an interactive graphics system on a VAX 785
and TEKTRONIX 4205, using DISSPLA + direct terminal control, using
pixel graphics for satellite images, building dynamic multi-surface,
- have written graphics programs, interactive and non-interactive,
using CA_GKS on a VAX and GSS-GKS on a PC
- designed and wrote a system in AutoLisp to plot data onto drawings
in AutoCad, on a PC.
- ported a GKS interactive data editor to Windows, using Oxford
Scientific Software GKS, and Digital Visual Fortran. Created a Graphical
User Interface for the program, using both DVF QuickWin and
GKS features. (sample)
- ported a number of Fortran programs from Plot88 graphics to Winteracter
graphics (Interactive Software Services Ltd) for running under 32-bit
- wrote a Windows/Fortran90/Winteracter program for displaying,
printing and manipulating multiplot Winteracter graphics files.
- wrote an interactive Windows/Fortran90/Winteracter program to
the locations of oceanographic data files, with
coastline, bathymetry and data range profile options.
The user can select files for inclusion
in file lists, zoom/unzoom, access data from a selected file, and launch
other programs to edit or produce plots of the data in a selected file.
- wrote a Visual Basic 6 program to produce HPGL files of time-series plots, suitable for inclusion in MS-Word and Excel.
Cypher HomePage |
Table of Contents |